- Adobe Captivate
- eLearning Tools
- Web Design
- Contact Us
Control Pad for Adobe Captivate
Replacement for the Adobe Captivate Playbar and Table of Contents
We're excited to announce the release our latest product, the Control Pad for Adobe Captivate!
With the Control Bar you'll get all the standard features of the default Captivate playbar, plus many new features! You can control which buttons appear, their order, and their exact size and appearance. Plus you get many new optional features such as a Menu panel to navigate to specific slide numbers. You control the menu items, their titles, appearance, and the slide numbers they navigate to! Other optional display options are the Header, Subheader Footer panels. We included an Attachments pop-up window so you can offer users links to files to download. Control Pad buttons can also open any web address and link directly to an email address.
The Control Pad also includes the Sidebar - a replacement for the Captivate Table of Contents button. This addresses a very popular concern for Captivate - the appearance of the TOC button. Now, you can display a large button that's much easier for your users to see and use! The Control Pad was specifically designed for integrate with published Captivate movies as easily as possible.
- Displays standard Captivate playbar buttons - pause/play, previous slide, next slide, rewind, mute, closed caption.
Includes new buttons not available in standard Adobe playbar:
- toggle open/close Menu Panel
- toggle open/close Content Panel
- toggle open/close Sidebar Panel
- open Attachments pop-up window (links to multiple documents)
- direct link to single attachment document (.pdf, .doc, .xls, .ppt, etc)
- open web page (you can control size and visibility of standard browser elements such as scroll bar, menu bar, status bar, etc.)
- send email
- Control Pad buttons can be fully customized and replaced with your own image files (.png, .jpg, .gif).
- Includes blank button images in each color and size so you can create buttons with your custom designs.
- Optional horizontal panel with links that navigate to specific slides of the Captivate Movie.
- Text of menu items is fully customizable.
- Developers configure the Captivate movie slide numbers the menu items link to.
- Appearance of links fully customizable via CSS.
- Can be displayed persistently, or toggled open/closed with Control Pad button.
- An optional hyperlink can be displayed in the Menu Panel content area to close the panel. If clicked, the link will automatically reset the Menu Panel button in the Control Panel to the “up” state.
- Optional horizontal panel with any content you desire – text, images, hyperlinks, Flash movies, etc.
- Can be displayed persistently, or toggled open/closed with Control Pad Button.
- Panel can be used for any number of purposes, such as providing instructions, a list of contacts, help and technical support information, links to download attachments, a customer scenario or background information that is used in the software exercise, etc.
- An optional hyperlink can be displayed in the Content Panel content area to close the panel. If clicked, the link will automatically reset the Content Panel button in the Control Panel to the “up” state.
SIDBEAR (Table of Contents)
- The Sidebar is an optional feature to replace Captivate's default Table of Contents.
- When open the panel displays a vertical list of items that link to designated slides in the Captivate movie.
- The Sidebar is opened using either a button placed over the Captivate movie (button is much larger and easier to see than the default Adobe TOC button) or a button in the Playbar.
- You can customize the appearance of the Sidebar buttons and the sidebar panel.
- You can edit the Sidebar contents, including the Sidebar order and number of menu items, their titles, and the slides they link to.
- Also includes panels for Header, Subheader, Footer.
- View a diagram of the Control Pad Panels.
- Web page can be fully customized with your content (text and images), and branding requirements such as logo, color scheme, fonts, and copyright notice.
- 2 designs included: large and small buttons. Each design comes with 3 color schemes (black, gray, purple). Over 200 button images included!
- Captivate movies displayed can be any size. You set the width and height in the HTML page.
- Compatible with Adobe Captivate versions 2, 3, 4, 5, and 6.
- Cross-browser compatible (IE, Firefox, Opera, etc.)
- Includes detailed Instruction Guide (.PDF).
- Ships with working sample files.
- Updated FAQs online.
- Free technical support for all of our customers via email.
Like all of our products, free lifetime upgrades!
|Playing Captivate Movie||Sidebar open and Slide 3 Clicked||Menu Panel open|
|Content Panel open||Attachment Download pop-up open||Folder/File Structure|
Tours of the Control Pad
Here's some Captivate movies that provide walk-throughs of the Control Pad:
|9 Slides||screencast, 8:35||screencast, 5:03|
The Control Pad is compatible with:
||The Control Pad is not compatible with SCORM or AICC protocols.|
The Control Pad consists of the following elements:
- XHTML 1.0 Transitional (doctype) web pages
- Cascading Style Sheet (CSS 2.0)
- In order to deploy the Control Pad with your content, minimal HTML editing is required. In fact only one edit is required - changing the name of your published Captivate (.SWF) movie.
- Developers with HTML and/or CSS knowledge can further customize the display of the Control Pad. The included Instruction Guide (.PDF) details the options available.
- Dreamweaver MX or higher is recommended for CSS support.
We've designed the Launch Pad to allow developers with technically savvy in HTML and CSS to customize the design and funcationality of the system. You can overhaul the page design, colors used for the menu items - up. over, and active states, CSS, fonts, etc. The Instruction Guide provides documentation on editing most elements of the page.
||Create a folder for your project ( typically \My Documents\My Adobe Captivate Projects\<MyProject> ) and copy the Control Pad files into it.|
||Publish your Captivate movie as a Flash (.swf) file into the \flash folder.|
|Edit flash filename within the Control Pad HTML file to display your published Captivate (.SWF) movie.|
|Edit the Control Pad for your project requirements. For example, replace the logo graphic and edit the specific Control Pad buttons you wish to include.|
Test the Control Pad on your local PC in your web browser.
Stage the files to production web server.
Our products are licensed on per-developer basis. If you have multiple developers we offer volume discounts as outlined below.
All of our products now include a free lifetime license. You purchase the product once, and you're entitled to free upgrades to each version we release. Worried about upgrading to Captivate 5 or 6? Well don't - we'll provide a free upgrade to you.
|1.00||01/20/2010||Initial version release.|
|1.50||09/10/2010||Updated for Captivate 5.x|